Friday, March 31, 2006

How "LOGICAL" are you?

1. A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three
rooms. The first is full of raging fires, the second is full of
assassins with loaded guns, and the third is full of lions that haven't
eaten in 3 years. Which room is safest for him?

2. A woman shoots her husband. Then she holds him under water for
over
5 minutes. Finally, she hangs him. But 5 minutes later they both go out
together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together. How can this be?

3. What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and grey when
you throw it away?

4. Can you name three consecutive days without using the words
Monday,
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?

5. This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how quickly you can find
out what is so unusual about it. It looks so plain you would think
nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is
unusual though. Study it, and think about it, but you still may not
find anything odd But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try
to do so without any coaching!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^


DON'T PEEK...............................
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


ANSWERS:

1. The third. Lions that haven't eaten in three years are dead.

2. The woman is a photographer. She shot a picture of her husband,
developed it, and hung it up to dry.

3. Charcoal.

4. Sure you can: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow!

5. The letter "e" - the most common letter in the English language -
is missing from the entire paragraph


I don't think I am as logical as I thought. I was only able to figure out one. Oh well.l

17 comments:

Fiona S M Bernhoft said...

I got two. I didn't really try too hard on the last three, because I really dislike those sorts of questions. *Sigh* Especially right now...

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I know how that is, Bing. :)
Congrats on posting, Scyld. You had me worried. I thought maybe you'd drowned youself... or something. When're you coming out here?

Scyldmaiden said...

I always think I am logical until I am forced to use my brain. I suppose that is good; I'll get better at being logical.

I am coming out to WA. July 22-30. Will I get to see you Zenka?

Anonymous said...

Hmm... probably. maybe... I'll be in Canada with Ms. Emma (Curtis, Andrew's sister, y'know) and I get back the 27th (probably). The rest of the family will probably have moved by then, exept for me and Deirdre (one of my sisters) and a brother who'll be driving down probably some time that week. I hope we can meet. :) If the Curtis's throw us a good-bye party at any point after the 27th, you'd have to come to that. It's a shame you're not coming earlier, because then it'd be pretty much guaranteed. Say, I heard rumors you were going to get a job in Darrington this summer...? I was probably grossly misled, however. :) But, yes, you'll probably see me. I hope...

Fiona S M Bernhoft said...

Ha ha ha... misled... hannah... ha ha ha

Scyldmaiden said...

hmm....I know exactly where that rumor started.
Kodi! Come here and let me pound you!

Anonymous said...

I think I can do that for you. :) It'd be a pleasure to pound Kodi... until he started up with his whole 'I have your eternal love and affection' routine... *sigh* That always happens.

Little Mary said...

I love the logical puzzles by the way and I got almost all of them right away (only because I've heard them all before :)!) Anyway I envy Suzanne the opportunity to meet you all out in WA. You sound like a fun bunch to be with lol!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, we are terrific. :) And way fun too. You should come, too, Mary, and meet all of 'the gang'. Go WAintonians! Okay, only the Catholic Homeschoolers of W. Wa. The rest are dumb. Mostly...

Anonymous said...

Hey Scyld! I hope you don't mind me posting on your blog. I heard that you will be coming out! Awesome! *Signal band, they start playing* That will be great!

Anonymous said...

Rose, you copy cat. It's called a cue anyway, not a signal.
*achem* new post *achem*
It's the theme of the day... :)
Happy Holy Week!

Scyldmaiden said...

I don't mind at all Rose. Nice to see you around.
*ahem* Unlike some people, I have to go to school and work, so blogging gets pushed aside. *ahem*

But I did have a nice day last Saturday visiting Mary and her family. They live in an almost hundred year-old farm house, set in wonderful rolling farm counrty. We went walking along a creek and came across old plows, wrenches, a riding bit, and what looked like a huge metal shower head. It was fun haulling the teasure back. We had to stop and rest.

Anonymous said...

Well what can I say Sheil? You have such wonderful idears. Cue? Got it... Thanks Scyld!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! Well, I didn't figure out any of the logical thingys. However, they did leave out a period in the paragraph one. Tsk tsk.

Woah! I will get to see you Scyld! Yay! I'm going to be in Canada as well until the 27th and I'm not moving anywhere after... so it is going to be such a party having you here! I'm so excited. We all are. :)

God bless you all!

Anonymous said...

I'll probably be at the Curtis's house on the 27th, so you and the Wilson clan could come over and party with us that night if you wanted. Yeah, I'll just invite you all over to the Curti house... Great idea! :) But if that's what I have to do to get to meet you, I guess I'll just have to do it. Sorry, Mrs. Curtis. Don't kill me, I'm nice!

Anonymous said...

(I want to come!)

Anonymous said...

Oh ya, Sheil, sure you can just invite yourself over! Not... No Scyld, I'm sure we will have a party. In fact, Kodi and I were talking about having a huge party/dance when you come. He is really excited ;) So am I. Madeline, you can come too!