Thursday, October 21, 2004

The search for Self......Wait, I didn't even know Self was missing.

Self. It seems to be the thing that many people are concerned about. When you go to school, one the the opportunities is "finding out about my self". In my American Novels class, that is the biggest theme. People want to find out who they are and leave their mark on the world. Looking out for number one. Selfish?

But...what about those people who know who they are? What about the people who are happy just living and not concerned about leaving a mark on the world. I know where I want to go and who I am.
Goal: To get to Heaven
How to Achieve This?: By living a good life. Finding out my vocation, learning more about my faith, living my faith and treating others with respect and kindness.
It doesn't seem that hard, but it is. So many times I get caught up in every day life, that I forget to be kind to some one or even say "Thank you" to God. I just have to work harder. Starting now, I'll stop being lazy and finish my Beowulf paper.

All men must die; Let him who may

Win glory ere death. --Beowulf

No comments: