Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Bandit

Last Friday we had to put our dog Bandit down. I wasn't very attached to her, but she has been around for almost 13 years. I found out that I did care. I always thought she would die in a last stand sort of thing. She was the kind of dog that used to chase cars, hunt any animal(hopping after the mice), fight with any dog or cat that invaded her property, scare any human. We never had any trouble with kids stealing stuff since they knew Bandit was around. In the end, she was too protective and bit men who came around our house. After the 5th time we knew we couldn't control her(she was tied up at the time and some guy came too close). Mom made me drive her and Bandit to the vet's. I didn't want to, but did. Mom held Bandit the whole time and started to cry when Bandit died. I couldn't watch so I was walking around the vet's yard picking up leaves.
It is odd how animals affect people. They don't live long, but we put so much time and love into them. My dog Strider seems to accecpt me the way I am. He doesn't care if I don't do well in school or if I have a job. All he wants is attention, food, and games. He is totally dependant on me and the family. A version of unconditional love?
(Sorry about the spelling errors, I can't find the spell check for some odd reason.)

No comments: