Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Back to school.......

Today was my first day back at school. I didn’t do anything too interesting; I merely went to my computer graphics studio II, intermediate drawing, stood in line for an hour to pick up my parking permit and pay tuition. I was smart this year (after three years of college, I actually learned something!) and brought The Man in the Brown Suit by Agatha Cristie. I think I annoyed the people in line by laughing out loud over amusing paragraphs.
Graphics class started at 8:15 in the morning. I was wide awake when the professor discussed the usual boring syllabus, but dozed off and almost hit my head on the computer screen when she reviewed Photoshop tools. Surprisingly the professor used almost all of the two and a half hours of class time. It was amazing that she actually got us started on an assignment; normally the first day of class is just an introduction. She informed us that we would be working our behinds off this semester so we had better get moving (not quite in those words, it was much more subtle). It is refreshing to have a no nonsense teacher.
In other news, my little brother and I found a snapping turtle. I was about to drag my dog along for a run, when Nicholas comes racing down the driveway yelling that he wants to come with me. I sighed. He isn’t able to keep up with me when I jog, but I will not pass an opportunity to walk and talk with my little brother. It is nice to have Nicholas slip his hand in mine and tell me about what he did that day or about the dead frog we just passed. Anyway, on the side of the road we saw something brown move. The turtle was about 15 inches long and it had the biggest tail I have seen on a turtle. It was watching me closely. As I tried to touch it, the turtle moved so fast I decided to back off. My other brother Michael poked at it with his foot and the turtle clamped on. *evil grin* After Michael shook the turtle off, we left it alone. It was too big to take home. What would mom say?

1 comment:

Kodi said...

Walking around with younger siblings is indeed an opportunity not to be missed. I really love to walk, especially when you have someone with you, and that someone is someone you really want to be with. I y'know what I mean;)

And to top it all off, you found a turtle, how cool is that!?!