Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Quick block!

In Karate class today I had sparring for the second time. This was the first time I sparred with people as tall or taller than me. Also against people with higher belts. The first guy I was set against was a tall, lanky, black belt. He could have nailed me if he wanted; every now and then I would feel the rush of air as his leg shot above my head. Instead, he insisted he was teaching me and that I should try attacking him. It was frustrating trying to connect moves and than realize that I had left my other side exposed as the black belt tapped me with his glove.
I fought against a few other people: one who had no idea what was going on, one with so much energy, but little discipline, another girl who was cool and struck fast and finally a guy who yelled encouragements to show when I did well( I think I learned the most from him. He would tell me to follow through or how I should block and hit). By the end of 15 minutes, I was dripping with sweat and feeling a little sore. Someone got a hard hit on my outer-thigh; I should have seen it coming.
Most of what I did today was block. I think my next goal will be link the block and punch.
Can't wait for next time!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Woah...Kodi, did you know this girl is a ninja?!? Sweetness! I can't wait to meet you again!

Unknown said...

(But don't kill me with your mad ninja skillz.)

Scyldmaiden said...

*laughs* What is all this talk of ninjas? No one is suppose to know!

I don't think I could kill anyone, I am not strong enough. My brothers can manhandle me. Even the fifteen-year-old.....

Kodi said...

Well, I couldn't give away all of the details, Cow! T'wouldn't be proper of me! Gotta go get some studying done!