Wednesday, September 07, 2005

In the Courtyard

It was very amusing today at school. I got into the classroom fifteen mintues early and started chatting to a freshmen. She hadn't pick up any of her books yet and wanted to know how many books we need to this class. I showed her my cultural geography, but began to notice other people with very different books. More interestingly the classroom was getting crowded. The room is meant to hold 100 or more people. This was a intro class I was in, so a large class isn't unusaul. A sneaking suspision entered my mind though, when I saw the professor walk in. It was difinatly not my geography teacher. I turned to the girl next to me and asked
"What class are you in?"
"Intro to Hummanities", she replyed.
"Not geography?".
Both of us looked at each other and dug out our scheduals. Someone at the registar's office screwed up. Two classes were booked for the same time in the same room. It was great! I have never had this happen before and enjoyed myself watching people scurry around trying to sort things out. My geography class relocated to the courtyard to start class.
I like the courtyard. It is paved with flagstone and built around a pool. Native plants line a walk way around the pool. Benches, which were used up quickly by the geography class, line the open spaces. A mild humming from the fountian makes it hard to hear, but my professor has a large voice and no one had trouble hearing him. I wouldn't mind having class outside while the warm weather lasts.

2 comments:

Kodi said...

I'm really looking foward to my first day of school. Mostly because it is something new and exciting that I've never done before, but also because it should add some semblance of structure back to my life. That will be nice!
I hope my school year ends up being as fun as yours:)

Scyldmaiden said...

It is exciting, but it sure loads you up with work. I am on my third day and already have tons of entries in my student planner.
Sadly, all this work takes away from time spent checking and poring over email.

Fun? I hope so too. Last year was crazy for me. Some how I think this semester will be too.

Do start school on the 19, Kodi? I hope you enjoy yourself!