Thursday, February 09, 2006

Prayers please

Please pray for a family friend, Carolyn Baird who has cancer. I got this in my email today and thought I would pass it along.

"In God's unfathomable Mercy, He has ordained that Carolyn
and Dan Baird will be making a pilgrimage to
the Shrine of St. Joseph and the Tomb of Blessed Brother
Andre' Bessette (in Canada) on Saturday, February 11th.
http://www.wau.org/resources/saints/saintarchive/bessette.html

As you may know, February 11th is the World Day of the Sick
and the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes. : )

I am hoping that all of Carolyn's friends and acquaintances
can pray the ecclesiastically approved prayer of intercession
between noon and 3:00 pm on Saturday (Feb 11), in solidarity
with Carolyn and Dan.

"Heavenly Father, You have chosen Blessed Brother Andre' to
spread devotion to St. Joseph and to minister to all those who
are afflicted. Through his intercession, grant us the favors we
are now requesting (cure and return to health of Carolyn Baird).
We also pray that the Church may canonize Brother Andre' as
soon as possible. Grant us the grace to imitate his piety and his
charity so that with him we may share in the reward promised to
all those who care for their neighbor because of their love for You,
through Jesus Christ, Our Lord. Amen."

Thank you. "With God, nothing is impossible." Pass this along......


peg saindon <><"


On a lighter note, these are examples of unclear writing that my professor passed out in class today.

(Actual statements on insurance forms)


  • Coming nome, I drove into the wrong house and collided with a tree I didn't have.
  • The other car collied with mine without even giving warning of its intentions.
  • I collied with a stationary truck coming the other way.
  • A truck backed through my windshield into my wife's face.
  • A pedestrian hit me and went under my car.
  • The guy was all over the road. I had to swerve a number of times before I hit him.
  • I pulled away from the side of the road, glanced at my mother-in-law, and headed for the embankment.
  • To avoid hitting the car in front of me, I struck the pedestrian.
  • In my attempt to hit a fly, I drove into a telephone pole.
  • The pedestrian had no idea which direction to run, so I ran over him.
  • The indirect cause of this accident was a little guy in a small car with a big mouth.
  • The invisible car came out of nowhere, struck my vehicle and vanished.
  • I had been driving for 40 years when I fell asleep at the wheel.
  • I saw a sad-faced old gentleman as he bounced off the hood of my car.
  • I was sure the old fellow would never make it to the other side of the road when I struck him.
  • I was thrown from the car as it left the road. I was later found in a ditch by some stray cows.
  • The telephone pole was approaching; I was attemping to swerve out of the way when it struck my front end.
  • I was on my way to the doctor with rear end trouble when my universal joint gave way causing me to have an accident.

I was laughing so hard, I thought I would cry.

2 comments:

Gregaria said...

Ha ha ha! Seriously funny!

I will pray for Carolyn and Dan. I've actually been to St. Joseph's Oratory and the tomb of Blessed Andre. They've actually hung all the crutches of the curees around his shrine, which is really fantastic :)

Anonymous said...

That's not fair, Gregaria! But it is pretty cool that they've hung up all the crutches. Wow, it must be a pretty exciting place to see. I'm sorry, Scyld, about Carolyn. I'll be praying for her.